Aside from the happy glow of imminent marital bliss, Indian brides seek tastefully done makeup to look their best on their wedding day
. But bridal makeup is no cake-walk since there are so many things that could go wrong.
To avoid any beauty-based pitfalls, you need to ensure that your skin is naturally healthy and nourished, and that the makeup covering it is done with beautiful artistry. Here are some tips on how you can achieve both these goals without much hassle.Must-Do Practices for 6 Months Prior to the Wedding
1. Follow a strict skin regimen where you cleanse, tone, and moisturize your face twice a day, and exfoliate twice a week.
2. Drink at least 3 liters of water every day, and do not give up on your beauty sleep for anything.
3. Do not be lax with haircare. Go for regular hair spas and use natural conditioners to improve hair quality.
4. Consider signing up for bridal skincare packages at good salons or skin clinics. Do not go in for radical skin treatments, unless deemed essential.Also Read: Bridal Hacks to Avoid Makeup Trial BlundersMust-Do Practices for 2 Weeks Prior to the Wedding
1. Forewarn your makeup artist and hairstylist that you will need a trial of the look and hairdo planned for your wedding day.
2. Try out different hairstyles with your wedding outfits to find the most complementary combinations. You could do the same for your makeup look as well.
3. Go over the shades of base, foundation, and concealer in bright light, similar to the lighting at your wedding. Make sure you find the right match for your skin tone to avoid last-minute disasters.
4. Book your final facials, treatments, hair spa sessions and so on in this period. Essentials such as waxing and facial hair removal should be done at least 3 day before your wedding.Bridal Makeup Tips for D-Day
1. Make sure that the product shades and brands are exactly what were decided prior to the wedding.
2. Emphasize on your makeup artist ensuring that his work is waterproof and smudge-proof. You don’t want your makeup to run when all eyes are on you.
3. Based on whatever look you’ve chosen, keep following the moves of your makeup artist. If you think something is going wrong, make sure to call it out right then. Redoing bridal makeup is not an option.
4. Do not make changes to your planned makeup or hairdo this late. Stick to the tried and tested, and enjoy the pampering!Picture Credits: Wedding Twinkles