Think any Indian wedding and you’d see images of a bunch of brightly robed people happily dancing to Bollywood tunes, guzzling down some of the good stuff, and overall having the time of their lives. And it is true- no Indian wedding is complete without its fair share of Bollywood beats- whether it is the bride and groom shaking a leg to popular tunes, or the entire clan on either side, or better still, the bridesmaids grooving to some Yash Raj hits in their stunning attire! Perhaps this is what makes not just weddings, but Bollywood special for us Indians- neither is really complete without the other.
When it comes to the bride’s performances on the wedding, we have some nasty good ideas as to what a bride can swoon to! Forget the age old cliched parodies. The new age bride is fiercely competitive, even in her solo performance, and will bring the roof down with one slick move! So if you’re looking to choreograph, or-and this is our fave- star in a bride’s solo performance for the sangeet ceremony, check out our list of top sangeet songs that can add a jazz to the set and make it one to remember!
1. Afreen Afreen - Coke Studio
2. Nai Jaana - Neha Bhasin
3. Pallo Latke - Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana
4. Shape of You | Cheez Badi Hai - Vidya Vox Mashup
5. Likh Ke Mehendi Se Sajna Ka Naam - Anuradha Paudwal
6. Nazar Jo Teri Lagi - Bajirao Mastani
7. Patake - Sunanda Sharma
8. Cutiepie - Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
9. Ghoomar - Padmaavat
10. Bom Diggy Diggy - Zack Knight
11. Mundiya - Baaghi 2
12. Main Yaar Manana Ni - Dance Mix
13. Laung Gawacha Remix- Nucleya
14. Lagan Lagi Re Tose Piya Re - Trishna
15. Lakk Mera Hit - Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety
Here's our fresh list of songs for a WOW solo bridal performance. These hatke songs will be enough to add jazz to your Indian wedding sangeet.